PUTRAJAYA:-The flood disaster once again hit the state of Terengganu and this time has reached the Fourth Wave for the Northeast Monsoon 2021/2022.
Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah said, the rain started to fall heavily at 2 pm on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 and the Meteorological Department expects the rain to continue in Terengganu until February 27, 2022.
Dr. Noor Hisham said, the Terengganu State Health Department has started preparations for the Northeast Monsoon since October 2021 with the strength of 73 medical teams (358 members) and 77 health teams (322 members).
“As of 2 pm on Feb.27, 2022, a total of 94 Temporary Evacuation Centres (PPS) have been opened involving 1,320 heads of households and 4,396 flood victims from eight districts.
“Of these, there were seven Special PPSs which housed 25 COVID-19 positive flood victims and 51 close contact cases. They were segregated in Special PPS and separate blocks of PPS in schools adjacent to their respective residences,” Dr. Noor Hisham said in his Facebook post here on Sunday 27th Feb.2022.
Dr. Noor Hisham added, to date, a total of 46 medical teams and 38 health teams have come down to carry out their tasks.
He said, as of 12 noon Feb.26, a total of 36 flood victims were given treatment at their respective PPS by medical personnel with an adult male victim of kidney disease being referred to Dungun Hospital for haemodialysis.
“No pregnant or bedridden victims have been referred so far. The medical and health team will continue to conduct screening and treatment at PPS according to current needs.
Meanwhile as of Feb.27, 2022 at 4.00 pm, six districts in the state of Kelantan have been involved in floods and 53 temporary evacuation centres (PPS) have been activated to accommodate flood victims. However three PPS have been closed.
Dr. Noor Hisham added, 50 PPS are still active and 1,618 families involving 4,563 victims have been evacuated.
“As of Feb.27,2022 at 2.00 pm, six districts namely Kuala Krai, Tanah Merah, Jeli, Pasir Mas, Pasir Puteh and Machang were affected by the floods.
“There are 50 PPS still operating involving 1,618 families (4563 victims). As of 4.00 pm, there was an addition of 15 new PPS. The number of PPS opened and, number of families apart from victims has shown an increasing trend.
“Heavy rain continues with strong winds in several districts in Kelantan.
All PTJs have been asked to always be prepared for the possibility of the situation getting worse,” Dr. Noor Hisham said.
Dr. Noorr Hisham added, the State and District Flood Operations Rooms involved have been activated to coordinate and monitor health activities in PPS. So far no hospital facilities have been affected by the floods. –Malaysia World News