KUALA LUMPUR 27 JULY: Members of Parliament (MP) from the Opposition had raised the question of whether the emergency ordinance that was said to have been revoked by the Cabinet Ministers had been consented by His Majesty Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
Puchong MP Gobind Singh Deo said, yesterday the Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department, Datuk Seri Takiyuddin Hassan had said the Cabinet Ministers had revoked the emergency ordinance on 21st July 2021.
“If that is the situation why it is not announced and whether His Majesty Yang di-Pertuan Agong has consented to the revocation,” Gobind asked the Dewan Rakyat presided by Deputy Speaker, Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said.
The special meeting on Emergency Proclamation, Ordinance and the National Recovery Plan was on its second day today at the Dewan Rakyat since the session was reconvened yesterday (26th July 2021).
Jelutong MP RSN Rayer raised the issue saying that in Pulau Pinang, the state law advisors have not been informed about the revocation of the ordinance and as such compounds will still be issued to the people.
“All the states have not been notified about the ordinance revocation and whether it has been gazetted or otherwise. This has caused members of the public to be confused,” he said.
The Opposition Leader, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim had raised the same issue and alleged the revocation of the ordinances have not been consented by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong based on the way Takiyuddin answered the question yesterday and today.
Anwar said the question should be answered yesterday after he (Takiyuddin) mentioned that the Cabinet Ministers had revoked six emergency ordinances on 21st July 2021 and not wait until Monday for his clarification. –Malaysia World News