PUTRAJAYA DEC 28: The government might impose a compound of RM1, 000 on those who failed to adhere to the House Surveillance Order (HSO) or quarantine at home by not isolating themselves or stay at home to prevent COVID-19 from spreading.
Minister of Health, Khairy Jamaluddin said, it was reported that 1.4 per cent of positive COVID-19 cases had breached the quarantine order and the ministry is considering on imposing compounds on the individuals concerned.
Khairy said, all travellers coming from abroad have to put on the digital device while on quarantine at home.
The Minister stressed that at the moment the COVID-19 cases in Saudi Arabia is very high and as such the people coming back from performing umrah are required to put on the digital device.
“The Medical Research Institute (MRI) has conducted the PCR Genotyping Assay tests on 366 samples of positive COVID-19 among the travellers from 21 until 25th Dec. 2021.
“From the total 306 have shown the probabilities (presumption) of variant Omicron and now waiting for the Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) results,” he said at a press conference here today.
On another development he said, Ministry of Health (MOH) has decided to temporarily ban travellers from eight countries namely South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Malawi besides 10 other countries from entering Malaysia following the Omicron infections.
Travellers from 10 other countries that have been stopped earlier from entering Malaysia include United Kingdom, United States of America (USA), Australia, Saudi Arabia, Norway, France, Denmark, India, Canada and Nigeria.
On the COVID-19 infections among the flood victims at the relief centres (PPS) nationwide, Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah said, more than 406 people had been tested positive even before going to the centres.
“Currently we have identified 406 were positive before admitting to the relief centres while 10 individuals were detected with positive COVID-19 and isolated in the PPS.
“We urge those at the PPS to adhere to the SOPs and be well informed about the situation and if there is any symptom, the doctors and nurses there will do the necessary testing and continue to monitor the cases,” he said at the press conference.
According to Dr. Noor Hisham, the screening procedures conducted by MOH have detected a cluster in Bentong before the flood victims enter the PPS.
He said, this initiative will be carried out at all PPS and those with symptoms will be isolated earlier.-Malaysia World News