MOSTI launches Direction of National Nanotechnology Strategy 2021-2030 

FB IMG 1649890238902

PUTRAJAYA: The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) has launched the Direction of Technology and National Nano Product Plan–an important supporting document for the Policy and National Nanotechnology Strategy 2021-2030 (DSNN2021-2030) to activate the Malaysian Nano industry

MOSTI Minister, Datuk Seri Dr. Adham Baba said, the direction is aimed at standardising the development of national nanotechnology by strengthening the relationship and cooperation between the industry, academia and to ensure the technology is being developed according to the industries’ requirements and the market needs.

Dr. Adham said, according to the data from Global Inc.2020, the Asia Pacific market projection is USD2.671 trillion in 2025. In order to realise the national aspiration to be the regional nano industry player, it needs a form of a whole cooperation specifically with the agencies and other ministries.

“The research and development activities (R&D) of nanotechnology and nano industry are in line with the upward sectors besides the policy and national direction such as the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), Science Policy,

National Technology Innovation 2021-2030 (DSTIN 2021-2030) and Work Structure 10-10 Science Technology, Innovation and Economy (MySTIE 10-10),” Dr. Adham said in a statement here today.

According to NanoVerify Sdn. Bhd., in 2020 more than 80 per cent of the national nano industry is reportedly pioneered by the Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

In relation to that, Dr. Adham said, financial assistance, facilities and nano product certification have been initiated to increase the sales and customers’ confidence to penetrate the overseas market.

“This initiative is in line with DSTIN 2021-2030 and National Entrepreneurship Policy 2030 to achieve the SMEs contribution towards the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) amounting 50 per cent, the total value of trade about 30 per cent and generate 80 per cent new job opportunities.

“Within five years, the direction plan will give benefit to the country via generating 33,391 new job opportunities and an increase in GDP with RM151.5 billion,” Dr. Adham said.

Meanwhile the SME industries will get benefit via the investments and upgrading of facilities to 52 nano-technopreneur companies/ start-ups.

The Direction Plan will lead the national economy and local nano product and subsequently will reach the market value at global and Asia Pacific level. This is in the effort to make Malaysia as the prime exporter of high technology base product in ASEAN.-Malaysia World News


more recommended stories