KUALA LUMPUR— More than 250,000 international tourists have entered and left Malaysia as of April 4, following the reopening of the country’s borders on April 1, the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (Motac) deputy secretary-general (Culture), Datuk Saraya Arbi, said.
She also expected the number of international tourist arrivals to Malaysia to continue increasing as the Ministry is coming up with several new programmes that will attract more international tourists.
“There are differences that we want to provide to (international) tourists to come to Malaysia, and if possible we do not want to provide similar programmes. They need to be different compared with what we have had before,” Saraya Arbi was quoted as saying when visiting the national media BernamaTV yesterday.
It was reported previously, the Ministry said it was targetting to bring two million international tourists to Malaysia this year – with RM8.6 billion in tourism revenue – following the reopening of the country’s borders on April 1.