KUALA LUMPUR: The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) stressed that it has nothing to hide but currently focusing on the recovery process-discussing with the vendor, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the bank in the six months mobilization phase to ensure the Littoral Combat Ships (LCS) project returns to the track as decided by the Cabinet Ministers.
Senior Minister of Defence, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said, at the same time those who have committed offences should be charged in the courts.
“It is the duty of the authorities that are responsible to speed up their actions in order to avoid such issues will not be repeated. Let them complete their investigations and charge those guilty,” Hishmmuddin said in his Facebook today.
The Senior Minister said, today (Saturday) MINDEF had taken several media to Lumut, Perak to see the LCS ships were in the building stage besides taking them to the factory where the LCS equipments were kept and also they had been briefed on the designs of LCS.
“Pictures of LCS building activities had also been presented to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) by Boustead Naval Shipyard (BNS) in December last year. I have also shared those pictures a day before yesterday,” Hishammuddin said.
Hishammuddin added, before this several parties including PAC members had also visited BNS in Lumut to see the LCS ships. –Malaysia World News