KUALA LUMPUR: The man who was detained to assist an investigation related to the death threat against Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim on Tuesday has been released on police bail following the completion of the investigation.
Inspector- General of Police, Tan Sri Razarudin Husain said, the police are in the process of completing the investigation paper relating to the case before it is handed to the Attorney General’s (AG) office on 4th December 2023.
“The man has been given police bail after the investigation is completed and we are in the midst of completing the investigation paper and will refer to the AG’s office,” he said as reported by Sinar Harian on Thursday.
The man was detained following media reports stating that a TikTok account owner @jaiadani89 was alleged to have posted content with criminal threat elements against the Prime Minister.
The police have detained the 34 year old man at Jalan Padang Tembak, Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
He was detained for three days starting Tuesday until Thursday to assist in the investigation under Section 507 Penal Code and Section 233 Communication and Multimedia 1998 Act.
The account owner had uploaded a video offering RM5 million to anybody who could shoot dead the Prime Minister, minister and members of a political party. However the video had been deleted.