KUALA LUMPUR: UMNO Vice-President Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob disagreed with UMNO’s decision to sack and suspend its members without following the legal process and against the principle of natural justice.
The Former Prime Minister said, those who were sacked and suspended from UMNO had been denied the rights to defend themselves.
Ismail said, in this issue there were five factors which UMNO Supreme Council did not consider namely show cause letter for the alleged to know the charges against him.
He added, there is no space for the alleged to answer the charges via the show cause letter.
“If the prosecutor is not satisfied, the alleged should be referred to hearing process in the discipline committee for him to defend himself. He should bring witnesses as the charges against him should be proven,” Ismail said in his Facebook post Saturday evening.
“This process has not been carried out. I have been informed by the discipline committee that the President has never been advised for any action taken and only inform that there is a report made against the alleged,” Ismail said.
The Bera Member of Parliament said he was not agreeable on the decision as it has flaws in the decision making process to sack and suspend those concerned.
“As a civilised party UMNO should be seen transparent in any action it takes,” Ismail added.
Ismail was responding to UMNO President, Datuk Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi’s announcement Friday evening on the sacking of the former youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin and the suspension of Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein and Tan Sri Noh Omar for six years (Noh later was sacked on his own request) Shahril Hamdan and Datuk Seri Salim Sharif (Jempol). –Malaysia World News