PUTRAJAYA: Three Malaysians who have been the victims of the faked job offer syndicate in Myanmar had arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Tuesday.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) said, all the three victims aged between 19-33 years had been taken by the Royal Police Malaysia (RPM) for further investigations.
“MOFA records our appreciation to the Thailand’s authorities and RPM together with the Ambassador of Malaysia in Bangkok in helping to save the victims from the faked criminal syndicates in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand.
“From the number of victims, 373 have been saved and out of which 346 have been brought back to Malaysia while 27 are still in the detention depot, “MOFA said in a statement.
According to the statement, the Ministry via the embassies in the countries involved together with RPM will double their efforts to save the remaining 146 victims of the criminal syndicate.
Meanwhile, as quoted by NST, one of the three Malaysians who have escaped from the faked job offer syndicate in Myanmar escaped by jumping from the second floor of a building where he was held in Tachileik.
“The 33 year old man then pretended to be a pedestrian and walked slowly for 4km to the Thailand-Myanmar borders,” said Teruntum assemblyman Sim Chon Siang who accompanied the victims at a press conference.
He added, the man then asked help from the Thais to save him and he was detained for a month at the Bangkok Immigration Detention Center as he did not have any official documentation.
“The three victims – two males and one female arrived at KLIA via Thai Airways flight from Bangkok at 11.55am Tuesday. All victims worked at a place called KK Garden in Myanmar,” Chon Siang said. –Malaysia World News