EMCO in 34 sub-districts in Selangor ended 16th July 2021, 65 premises instructed to close down –DPM Ismail


20210716 230851

PUTRAJAYA JULY 16: The government has agreed not to extend the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) imposed on 34 sub-districts in Selangor scheduled to end 16th July 2021.

Deputy Prime Minister/Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, after studying the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) presentation on the current COVID-19 situation in Selangor, the National Security Council (MKN) in its meeting held today had agreed not to extend EMCO in all the sub-districts involved.

On another development, the government has agreed to impose EMCO involving 13 localities in Kuantan, Pahang; Damai Apartment, PJS 8, sub-district Damansara, Petaling District, Selangor; Jalan Pandan Indah, Ampang sub-district, Hulu Langat District, Selangor; Jalan Batu Nilam , Bandar Bukit Tinggi sub-district Klang, Klang District, Selangor; Taman Samudera, sub-district Batu, Gombak District, Selangor; Ladang Sawit KLK Lungmanis and Factory Housing Silabukan sub-district, Lahad Datu, Sabah; Kampung Pinolobuh Bukid, Kota Belud, Sabah; People’s Housing Project Taman Ehsan, Kudat, Sabah; three localities in Kuching Division, Sarawak namely Kampung Seratau, Kampung Astana Lot, Kampung Sungai Bedil Besar; and Kampung Chengal, Temerloh, Pahang.

The EMCO in all the localities will be effective 18th until 31st July 2021 following MKN’s evaluation on MOH presentation on the COVID-19 infection trends in the areas.

The SOP for all the localities under EMCO said Ismail, will be the same as announced before and further details could be accessed at MKN website www.mkn.gov.my

“The Task Force Compliance Operation Team yesterday had carried out 84,976 checking and snaps check COVID-19 nationwide with the involvement of 19,133 personnel.

“The operation includes checking on 2,309 factories, 14,237 business premises, 833 construction sites and 322 workers’ hostels.

From the checking, 65 premises including factories, business premises and construction sites had been instructed to close down for failing to adhere to the standard operating procedure (SOP) set by the government,” Ismail said in a statement here today.

According to Ismail, in the operation yesterday 416 individuals had been detained for not complying with the SOP. From that 404 had been issued with compounds while 12 others were remanded.-Malaysia World News


more recommended stories