PUTRAJAYA AUG 2: The Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) will be imposed on five localities involving three states namely Sabah, Kelantan and Sarawak effective 4th Aug. until 17th Aug. 2021.
Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said, the two localities in Beaufort, Sabah placed under EMCO include Kampung Selagon and Kampung Binsulok while the two localities in Kelantan are Kampung Belian, Mukim Sungai Pinang, Tumpat and Kampung Tok Sadang, Mukim Badang, Kota Bharu.
He said, in Sarawak the Workers’Quarters Palmlyn Plantation, Mukah Sarawak is the only locality placed under the two weeks EMCO.
“The EMCO is placed in these localities after evaluating the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) presentation on the risk analysis and the trend of COVID-19 infections in the affected areas.
“The standard operating procedure (SOP) in all the localities under EMCO will be the same as announced before and for further details refer to the National Security Council (MKN) website at www.mkn.gov.my,” Hishammuddin said in a statement here today.
Meanwhile the EMCO will be extended from 4th Aug. until 16th/ 17th Aug.2021 in localities affecting the states of Terengganu, Pahang and Sabah following MOH’s risk analysis and the trend of COVID-19 infections in these areas.
Hishamuddin added, the affected areas include10 localities in Mukim Kuala Dungun, Dungun where EMCO will be extended till 16th Aug., and two other localities in Mukim Bandi, Kemaman, Terengganu while three localities in Mukim Ulu Dong, Raub, Pahang and Kampung Pituru Kinarut, Papar, Sabah the EMCO is extended until 17th Aug. 2021.
Regarding the Task Force Compliance Operation Team led by the Royal Police Malaysia (RPM),
Hishammuddin said, yesterday 18,675 personnel had implemented 74,527 checking and snap check COVID-19 to monitor and enforce the SOP compliance nationwide.
However failing to comply with the SOP, 34 premises had been instructed to close immediately following the checking on 1,387 factories, 15,580 business premises, 556 construction sites and 155 workers’ hostels.
Meanwhile in the operation 348 individuals had been issued with compounds for not adhering to the SOP while 27 were remanded.
On another development, the Op BENTENG carried out at the Malaysian borders on 1st Aug. 2021, the national defence and security agencies had detained 40 illegal immigrants (PATI) and seized three land vehicles.
Hishammuddin said, the PATI had been detained via 890 roadblocks that had been implemented nationwide.
The roadblocks include 836 carried out in the PENAWAR Operation/Movement Control Order (MCO Roadblocks), 45 roadblocks in BENTENG Operation (RPM, Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF) and People’s Volunteer Corps (RELA) while nine roadblocks in BENTENG Operation Malaysian Border Security Agency (AKSEM). –Malaysia World News