Eateries allowed to operate from 6.00am to 10.00pm effective 28th June 2021

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

20210627 230807

KUALA LUMPUR JUNE 27: The Movement Control Order (MCO)3.0 that was imposed nationwide and placed in the first phase of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) will not end on the 28th June 2021 as scheduled but will continue until three indicators of the main threshold value are achieved.

Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the three indicators of the main threshold value includes the average daily COVID-19 drops under 4,000 cases, the usage of beds in the Intensive Care Units (ICU) are at a moderate rate and the vaccination rate for the population that have received two doses have reached 10 per cent.

“The shift from the first phase to the second phase will take into account the three indicators before the decision is made. On the whole, NRP is an exit strategy from the COVID-19 pandemic covering four phases involving the phase shift plan of MCO in stages.

“Based on the risk analysis that has been implemented by the Ministry of Health (MOH), the government will continue the phase one nationwide as announced by the Prime Minister before it was confirmed today.

“The decision has taken into account on the current situation to shift from phase one to phase two is still not successful when the graph of the new daily positive cases has not shown a flat trend,” Ismail said in a statement here today.

On another development, Ismail said, the operation time for premises selling food will start from 6.00am until 10.00pm effective 28th June 2021.

Ismail added, the decision was made at the meeting after considering the appeal and proposals received from food shops and restaurants’entrepreneurs.

However he said, in the first phase of NRP, the general standard operating procedure (SOP) of MCO will still be implemented where all social and economic activities are not allowed to convene except for essential sectors that are in the positive list issued by the National Security Council (MKN).

Regarding the Task Force Compliance Operation, Ismail said, yesterday 798 individuals were detained for not complying with the SOP and out of which 762 individuals had been issued with compounds while 24 were remanded.

Among the non-compliance activities were no physical distancing (172), not adhering to the directive of the movement control order (119), failing to record personal details/registration when entering premises (114), not wearing mask (108),carrying more passengers (69) and others (216).

Ismail added, due to the increase in new COVID-19 cases in two localities in Kota Belut, Sabah involving Kampung Nahaba Tegudon and Kampung Linau, the government has imposed the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) effective 29th June until 12th July 2021.

“MOH confirmed that COVID-19 cases had increased in the two localities when nine positive cases were detected from 48 screen tests carried out in Kampung Nahaba Tegudon while 11 positive cases were recorded from 15 screen tests carried out in Kampung Linau,” Ismail added.

The implementation of EMCO will enable MOH to carry out early tracing of positive cases and close contacts so that they could be separated and also stop the movements and the transmissions of the infections outside the localities.

Meanwhile the government has extended the EMCO scheduled to end on 28th June 2021 in Kampung Penimbawan, Tuaran, Sabah to another two weeks until 12th July 2021.

Ismail said, throughout the EMCO, MOH had carried out 1,693 screen tests and out of which 53 had been detected with positive COVID-19.
“MOH confirmed that the COVID-19 is still infecting the people in the EMCO localities and new cases have been recorded until today,” Ismail reiterated. –Malaysia World News

 

 


  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

more recommended stories