BATANG KALI: The police confirmed that only one victim that of a boy is still not found and this has also brings the total of victims to 92 instead of 94 in the Batang Kali landslide tragedy.
Selangor Police Chief, Datuk Arjunaidi Mohamed said, this is due to two redundant entries on the Father’s Organic Farm campsite registry which led to confusion over the actual number of people at the site when the landslide hit on Friday morning.
“Even though the redundant registration had been known by the authorities several days ago but verifications and comparisons have to be made with the missing reports and next-of kin claims before making any announcement.
“Now we are confident to announce that the total of 92 people involved in the landslide instead of 94 as mentioned in the earlier statement,” Arjunaidi said at the press conference here Thursday (22 Dec.).
He said there is a police report lodged on the missing boy and as such the authorities will continue to search until the boy’s body is found.
In another development, the identities of two adult bodies recovered from the landslide site had been confirmed as husband 35, and his wife 34.
The next of kin are expected to claim the bodies Friday while the identities of the two children have not been determined.
Meanwhile the employees of the Kuala Lumpur Hospital Forensic Department arrived at the Sungai Buloh Hospital, Thursday to assist in the DNA testing of the four bodies recovered.
Earlier the National Disaster Management Agency, Prime Minister’s Department in its Facebook post said four bodies of the missing victims in the landslide had been found Thursday. – Malaysia World News