KUALA LUMPUR: The enforcement of Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) has been extended to Batu 21-24, Sungai Lui, Hulu Langat Selangor after 71 residents of Maahad Tahfiz An-Nabawiyyah have been tested COVID-19 positive.
Minister of Defence and Senior Minister (Security Cluster), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri said, with the advice of the Ministry of Health, the EMCO is imposed as 71 out of 272 residents of the Maahad Tahfiz in Batu 23 had been infected with the corona virus.
“The EMCO’s enforcement effective from midnite March 29 until April 13, 2020 involves 3,918 residents and 700 houses affecting two Orang Asli settlements and five Malay villages,” said Ismail in a statement here today.
With the enforcement of EMCO, business activities will be stopped and settlers in the affected areas are not allowed to go out neither do visitors can enter.
Ismail added, a medical base will be opened where health officers will carry out health test from house to house in those affected areas. Meanwhile food will be supplied to the people by the Social Welfare Department during the enforcement of EMCO.
The Minister advises the people to stay calm and follow the instructions from the health officers from the Ministry of Health who are on duty.
The Sungai Lui, Hulu Langat is the second red zone area to undergo EMCO besides two areas in Simpang Renggam, Johor effective from yesterday (Mar.28). –Malaysia World News