617 detained for SOP non-compliances, localities in Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak on EMCO –Minister Ismail

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

sabri

KUALA LUMPUR MAY 29: Six hundred and seventeen (617) individuals were detained by the police that led the Task Force Compliance Operation involving 15,887 staffs, 69,702 checking and monitoring of the standard operating procedure (SOP) of the Movement Control Order (MCO) yesterday.

Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, from those detained, 579 were issued with compounds while 38 were remanded.

Among the non-compliance activities committed were not wearing mask (118), inter-state/district travel without permission /eating at the premises (112), no physical distancing (111), failing to record personal particulars/registration when entering premises (77), not adhering to the directive of control movement (66), activities at the entertainment centre (11) and others (122).

Regarding the National Control Order, Ismail said, the Op BENTENG yesterday had detained 32 illegal immigrants (PATI) and seized 12 land vehicles.

“The security agencies had also carried out 603 road blocks (SJR) and it include Op PENAWAR involving Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF), Royal Police Malaysia (RPM and RELA) had carried out 549 SJR, Op BENTENG RPM (45) and Op BENTENG Malaysian Border Security Agency (AKSEM)- (9),” Ismail said in a statement here today.

He added, 162 boats/ships had been traced in the Malaysian waters via eight (87) observatory activities.

Meanwhile Enhanced MCO (EMCO) has been imposed in several localities involving the states of Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak effective 31st May until 13th June 2021.

He said EMCO is imposed on three residential areas in sub-district Juasseh, Kuala Pilah, Negeri Sembilan following the spike in COVID-19 cases within a short time.

Ismail added, the three residential areas are Taman Desa Permai, Rumah Rakyat Juasseh and Taman Sri Juasseh.

In Sabah EMCO is imposed on Felda Sahabat 40 (Kampung Kembara Sakti), sub-district Tungku, Lahad Datu and Kampung Padawan,Papar, Sabah.

The EMCO imposed in Sarawak is affecting three long houses in Ulu Sungai Sebakong, Mukah and it includes Rimong anak Kilat, Asin anak Aji and Bija anak Unggang.

According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), out of 93 screening tests carried out, 35 positive cases had been recorded in the long houses.

However, EMCO has been extended on Kampung Sungai Langgas, Kunak, Sabah effective 31st May until 13th June 2021 as COVID-19 infection is still spreading in the locality and screening test samples are still pending for the results.

The Senior Minister added, EMCO involving two localities in Pahang include Seri Kemunting, Kuantan and Kampung Paya Teh, Jerantut have been lifted on 30th May 2021 as scheduled as the COVID-19 infection has shown a declining trend while all the positive cases have been separated and  treated.

“After a risk analysis was carried out with several agencies in the MCO Technical Committee and with the advice of MOH, the government agreed to end the EMCO as scheduled on 30th May 2021 in the two localities,” Ismail said. – Malaysia World News.      


  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

more recommended stories