EMCO imposed on 3 villages in Terengganu, 1 in Sabah, 95 detained for not complying SOP -Minister


sabri malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR APRIL 6: The government has imposed the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) on three villages in Terengganu and one in Sabah effective 7th till 20th April 2021 due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in the community.

Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the Ministry of Health (MOH) had carried out 58 screen tests in the localities (Terengganu) and out of which six had been detected with positive COVID-19.

Ismail added, MOH had confirmed that COVID-19 had been spreading to the three villages with high infectivity rate. The three villages involved are Kampung Belaoh, Kampung Projek Perumahan Rakyat Termiskin (PPRT) Belaoh Baru and Kampung Keruak, Mukim Hulu Besut, Terengganu.

“After a risk analysis was carried out with several agencies in the Movement Control Order (MCO) Technical Committee, and with the advice of MOH, the government agreed to impose EMCO on these three villages for two weeks until 20th April 2021,” he said in a statement here today.

The Senior Minister added, the implementation of the EMCO is to enable MOH to carry out the targeted screening test on all the people in the localities to ensure that there is no infection in the community.

Meanwhile EMCO is also imposed on Kampung Murni C, Nabawan, Sabah following a surge in COVID-19 cases with a high infectivity rate in the community.

Ismail said, MOH had carried out 17 screen tests and out of which six positive COVID-19 cases had been recorded.

“The government had agreed to impose EMCO on Kampung Murni effective tomorrow until 20th April 2021 after a risk analysis was carried out by several agencies in the MCO Technical Committee and with the advice of MOH,” said Ismail.

According to Ismail, the EMCO is implemented to enable MOH to carry out targeted screening test on all the villagers and to control their movements besides preventing the corona virus from spreading in the community.

On another development, Ismail said, in the Task Force Compliance Operation yesterday, the police had detained 95 individuals for not adhering to the standard operating procedure (SOP), and out of which 86 had been compounded and nine were on bail.

Among the offences committed include inter-state/district travel without permission (38), fail to record personal particulars in MySejahtera Apps (31), activities in the entertainment centres (17) not wearing mask (8) and no physical distancing (1). –Malaysia World News

 


more recommended stories