KUALA LUMPUR DEC 2: The personal data in MySejahtera Apps that has been used by Malaysians to verify their health situation before entering any business or office premises in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the information about a person in MySejahtera cannot be shared with others.
“It is an offence if information about a person in MySejahtera is shared with others and a police report should be lodged if that happens to anybody.
“MySejahtera follows the international standard and it is protected by the Malaysian Government via the National Cyber Security,” said Ismail in his daily press conference here today.
Ismail said that in response to the fear of the people in case their personal information in MySejahtera might be leaked and shared by others for unknown reasons.
Regarding the Movement Control Order (MCO) that has entered its 260th day and 170th day of the Recovery MCO or RMCO, Ismail said, the government has agreed to conduct compulsory screen tests on all foreign workers and improve the standard operation procedure (SOP) involving detention centres.
“The government has also enforced the Minimum Housing Standard and Workers Amenities 1990 (Act 446) by taking actions on employers who fail to provide housing facilities that has been set under the 446 Act,” said Ismail.
He said, the Ministry of Human Resources has conducted active checks nationwide and up to date 21 investigation papers have been opened.
Ismail also mentioned that the government has realised the biggest challenge is to frame strategy that could balance between the effects of health, safety and the people’s economy in the country.
For that purpose, Ismail said, the government has formed a Pandemic Strategic Management Committee (PSMC) consisting of 10 working committees under PSMC that has framed action plans for short, middle and long term to face the pandemic threats in the country.
The action plans said Ismail, had been tabled at the special National Security Council (NSC) meeting chaired by the Prime Minister on 30th November 2020.
On the Enhanced MCO (EMCO) that had been imposed in several areas in Sabah, the government had decided to uplift them due to the decrease in new COVID-19 cases in the affected localities.
The places include, Seberang Perai and Housing Quarters, Seberang Perai, Prison in Penang where EMCO is lifted on 2nd Dec. 2020 while the Temporary Detention Centre, Tawau, Sandakan Prison and Taman Wira Prison Quarters, Sandakan, the EMCO will be lifted on 3rd Dec.2020.
Meanwhile EMCO in Kg. Nahaba and Kg.Tegudon, Kota Belud will be lifted on 3rd Dec.2020 as positive COVID-19 cases had shown a declining trend in both localities.
On the other hand Ismail said, based on the risk valuation and advice from the Ministry of Health (MOH) the EMCO imposed on Zone B and Zone C Taman Meru 2C, Ipoh Perak will be extended seven days effective 4th Dec. until 10th Dec.2020.
Ismail added, MOH had conducted 1,793 screen tests throughout the EMCO from 20th Nov. until 3rd Dec.2020 and 66 positive COVID-19 cases had been recorded at the localities.
However Ismail said until today there are still waiting to get the results of the remaining samples of the screen tests. – Malaysia World News