KUALA LUMPUR NOV. 9: Malaysia has sent back 31,282 illegal immigrants to their home countries via the “Benteng” Operation to stop cross border crimes and combat COVID-19 pandemic.
Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, until 5th November 2020 the “Benteng” Operation with the involvement of six defence and security authorities had detained and sent back 14,072 Indonesians, Myanmar (2,898), Thailand (2,200), India (2,189), China (1,856), Pakistan (1,230), Vietnam (647), Nepal (397) ,Philippines (298) and others (944).
Ismail said, yesterday (8th Nov.) the “Benteng” Operation had detained 22 illegal immigrants and seized three vehicles via 294 road blocks carried out nationwide.
On the activities not adhering to the standard operating procedure (SOP) of the Recovery MCO (RMCO), Ismail said, 717 individuals had been detained and compounded including 11 remanded and two were on bail.
Ismail informed that among the non-compliance activities committed include no physical distancing (205), not wearing masks (118), premises operating beyond permitted time (110), activities in entertainment centres (103), premises failing to equip tools/customers’ details (73), cross state/district under RMCO without permission (63), carrying more passengers (37) and others (8).
Regarding the Enhanced MCO (EMCO) that had been imposed on Mutiara Kasih Apartment and Taman Khazanah Indah, Lahad Datu, the government had decided to extend it from 10th November until 23rd November 2020.
“The extension was based on the risk valuation that had been carried out by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and also the rise in COVID-19cases in these two localities,” said Ismail in his daily press conference held here today.
The EMCO is also imposed on Kg. Sabah Baru, Lahad Datu in Sabah effective 10th until 23rd November 2020 following 102 positive cases has been detected on 8th November.
The EMCO will affect 701 houses with 3,917 people and the implementation of the Order will enable targeted screening to be carried out, hence will stop the transmission of the corona virus in the community.
Meanwhile EMCO in Putra Point Nilai, Negeri Sembilan will also be extended from 11th until 24th November due to the rise in COVID-19 cases in this locality.
Referring to Plaza Hentian Kajang, Hulu Langat, Selangor, the government has also decided to extend the imposition of EMCO effective 11th until 24th November 2020 due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in the locality.
On the other hand, EMCO in Kampung Haji Baki , Kuching is also extended from 11th until 24th November since MOH is waiting for the results of the second screening tests that has been carried out earlier.
Ismail added, if the second results show that there are no positive cases, then the EMCO in this area could be lifted earlier.
However the Senior Minister said, the EMCO imposed on Felda Umas, Kalabakan Sabah was lifted on 9th Nov while Flat Sungai Emas Kuala Langat, Selangor on 10th November 2020 due to COVID-19 cases had been contained in these areas. –Malaysia World News