COVID-19: All states are under CMCO until Dec. 6 except Pahang, Perlis and Kelantan still under RMCO – Minister

  • 12
    Shares

sssssss

PUTRAJAYA NOV.7: All states in the Peninsular except Pahang, Perlis and Kelantan will be under Conditional Control Movement Order (CMCO) effective 9th November until 6th December 2020 following the surge in COVID-19 cases and the emergence of red zones in the affected areas.

Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the Ministry of Health (MOH) had done the risk valuation and found that the increase in the new Covid-19 cases and the rate of infectivity were very obvious.

He said the states involved include Kedah, Penang, Perak, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor and Terengganu while CMCO for Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Sabah that should end on 9th November will be extended for the third time until 6th December 2020.

However Ismail said, inter-state travel for Pahang, Perlis and Kelantan is not allowed while inter district travel is permitted in these three states that are still under the Recovery MCO (RMCO).

“As for Sarawak, inter-state travel from the Peninsular, Sabah and Labuan are not allowed except with the permission of the Royal Police Malaysia (RPM),” said Ismail in his daily press conference held here today.

Ismail added, inter-district travel is allowed in Sarawak except in the district of Kuching.

In another development, the government has decided to impose the Enhanced MCO (EMCO) on Sekolah Agama Bantuan Kerajaan (SABK) Maahad Al-Yahyawiah, Padang Rengas, Kuala Kangsar Perak effective 8th November until 21st November 2020.

Ismail said, until 5th November, MOH had recorded 27 positive COVID-19 cases in this school.

With the implementation of EMCO, MOH will be able to conduct targeted screening test on 123 students and 11 staffs to stop the transmission of COVID-19 in the local community.

Meanwhile the EMCO that had been imposed on Taman Semarak and PPR Sri Balung, Tawau, Sabah would be lifted on November 8 following only 13 cases were still active after 2,051 had been screened in Taman Semarak until 5th November 2020.

“The MOH also found that only 13 cases were still active after 1,149 people were screened at PPR Sri Balung on 31st October,” said Ismail. –Malaysia World News


  • 12
    Shares

Graduate with a Master of Mass Communication. 10 years working experience in the media and broadcasting.

more recommended stories