One million workers in Selangor, Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Sabah have to work from home effective October 22

  • 46
    Shares

FB IMG 1596624214428

PUTRAJAYA OCT.20: One million workers in Selangor, Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Sabah will have to work from home effective 22nd October till the imposition of Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) ends on 27th October 2020 due to the surge in COVID-19 cases.

Senior and Defence Minister Datuk Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the workers in the management and supervisory categories both in the public services and the private sectors will have to work from home until the CMCO ends.

However he said exemptions will be given to those who have to be at the work places such as those in charge of finance and payment, management, enforcement and welfare.

He said, the decision was made due to nine clusters had been formed at the work places in Selangor as announced by the Ministry of Health.

Ismail said 800,000 workers from the industrial sectors and 200,000 from the civil services will be affected in the government’s directive as informed by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).

“The employers will have to issue the letter of exemption and travel to every worker who has to work throughout the CMCO,” said Ismail in a press conference here today.

The Senior Minister added, workers who are staying in the red zones will have to do swab test and employers contributing to the Social Society Organization (SOCSO) need
not have to pay their workers for the test.

In another development Ismail said, the National Security Council in a special meeting had also decided that foreign workers in the building sectors and security guards will have to compulsorily undergo swab tests to control the transmissions of COVID-19 at the work places.

He added, the swab tests will affect all foreign workers in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Sabah and Labuan.

Ismail said, Enhanced MCO (EMCO) will be imposed in Kampung Saguking Laut and Kampung Sebor Baru in Labuan effective 21st Oct. until 3rd November 2020 following the surge in COVID-19 in those areas.

“The EMCO affects 8,062 people and their welfares will be taken care of by the Department of Social Welfare. Those affected will be undergoing Home Surveillance Order (HSO) while close contacts and those with symptoms and samples have been taken will have to wear wrist bands,” Ismail said.

During the EMCO period, Ismail said, less restriction will be given to business activities where grocery shops and eating premises are allowed to operate via take away until 6.00pm. –Malaysia World News


  • 46
    Shares

more recommended stories