COVID-19: Travel control for Sabahans to enter Peninsular, Sarawak and Labuan effective Oct.12 till Oct.25


sabri ismail malaysia covid 19 mco hari raya

 PUTRAJAYA OKT.6: In view of the rise in COVID-19 infections in Sabah, the government has decided to impose travel control from Sabah to the Peninsular, Sarawak and Labuan effective from October 12 until 25th October 2020.

Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, special exemptions will be given to emergency cases, death, essential services and others and required permission from the Ministry of Health (MOH).

“Those who are granted with permissions have to undergo the MOH-COVID-19 screen test at the destination entry points,” said Ismail in a statement here today.

Meanwhile, permission to enter Sabah is given to the categories as follows:

-1) Sabah people that holds MyKad code H, 2) Couples from Sabah that hold Malaysian Immigration passes that are valid for the period that has been issued by the Department of Immigration, Sabah or marriage evidences and birth certificates of children, 3) Essential service workers that possess Malaysian Immigration passes issued by the Department of Immigration Malaysia, Sabah state, 4) Students not from Sabah that hold card/student passes from the Department of Immigration Malaysia, Sabah state, 5) Federal Civil Service employees who work in Sabah need to get the stamp of Section 66(1)(d) Immigration Act 1959/63 at the Immigration office in Sabah after entry to Sabah, 6) Permanent resident of Sabah that holds MyPR H code or Entrance Permit Card or endorsement permission to enter in the passport, 7) Those involved need to apply to the Chief Minister Department via the State Domestic Affairs and Research Office for consideration, 8) Those involved will have to undergo MOH-COVID-19 screen test on reaching their destination entry points.

The statement added, any enquiries could be referred to Sabah Disaster Action Room at 088-369434.

Ismail said, as of October 5, the Royal Police Malaysia (RPM) had detained 363 individuals for not complying with the Movement Control Order (MCO). From that 307 individuals were compounded while 56 had been remanded.

According to Ismail, among the non-compliance activities committed included not wearing masks (144), failing to have tools to record personal details (129), physical movement (53), premises operating beyond permitted time (17), activities in the pubs and night clubs (15),entering Targetted MCO areas without permission (2), not following quarantine order (1) gambling activities (1), no valid travel document (1). –Malaysia World News


more recommended stories