PUTRAJAYA SEPT.29:- Malaysia has recorded 101 new COVID-19 cases, out of which eight have travel history to Sabah that touched 73 new cases today.
Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah said, the new cases have brought the cumulative total to 11,135 with 50 patients have been discharged and contributed to the overall total of 9,939 or 89.39%.
“Sabah had two new clusters today that had affected case 11,110 a Malaysian with a travel history to Semporna, Sabah on September 20. In the Jalan Bomba cluster, the patient had fever, coughs and detected with positive COVID-19 before being taken to the Duchess of Kent Hospital, Sandakan.
“Following the close contacts were screen tested, two new cases of COVID-19 have been detected,” said Dr. Noor Hisham at a press conference here today.
He added in the Jalan Utara cluster, two health staff at a training institute in Sandakan were detected with positive COVID-19 on September 28 following a screen test and they have been sent to the Duchess of Kent Hospital, Semporna.
Meanwhile, in the Benteng PK, Selangor case, Dr. Noor Hisham said, the cluster was identified as a result of screen tests conducted on illegal immigrants from 16 until 25 September where eight have been detected with positive COVID-19.
“Following the close contact screen test, another positive case was detected involving a policeman. They have been taken to the Sungai Buloh Hospital and until today 148 individuals have been screen tested and from there nine had positive COVID-19 while 139 had negative results.
In the Bakawali cluster, Johor, the index case of 10,911 and case 10912 were husband and wife that had a travel history to Semporna from September 13 until September 18, 2020.
On September 24, said Dr. Noor Hisham both of them had fever, flu and cough and went for treatment at Sultan Ismail Hospital Johor Bahru. They were detected with positive COVID-19 on September 26 and admitted to Enche’Besar Hajjah Kalsom Hospital, Johor.
“From close contact screen test, two more cases had been detected in this cluster until 29 September 2020.
Twenty-five individuals have been tested where four were detected with positive COVID-19, 13 individual were negative and eight still waiting for the results.
“From the new cases, 13 were admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) while five needed respiratory aids and there was no death case today bringing the death toll remaining at 134 or 1.20% from the overall cases.
“Four were imported cases involving one Malaysian and three other non-citizens. Two cases transmitted in Sarawak were from Myanmar; one from Saudi Arabia was also transmitted in Sarawak and in Selangor involving a Nigerian,’’ said Dr. Noor Hisham.
The new cases include 73 from Sabah, Selangor (14), Johor (2), Kuala Lumpur (1), Kedah (1), Perak (1) Melaka (1), Kelantan (1) Penang (1) Putrajaya (1) and Perlis (1)–Malaysia World News