COVID-19: 4 sub-districts in Kedah under EMCO until Aug.30

  • 33
    Shares

malaysia single digit

KUALA LUMPUR AUG.3:- Due to 11 new COVID-19 cases originated from the Sivagangga Cluster in Kedah that had affected four sub-districts, the Federal Government had decided to impose the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) following administrative system (TEMCO) in those areas effective from Aug.3 until August 30.

Security and Senior Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the areas affected include 1) the radius of one kilometre from the Nasi Kandar Salleh Restaurant, Pekan Napoh (Hosba sub-district, Kubang Pasu); 2) Kampung Pida Satu , Megat Dewa (Ah sub-district, Kubang Pasu); 3) Kampung Bendang Dalam (Binjai sub-district, Kubang Pasu) 4) Kampung Ulu, Padang Sanai (Padang Terap).

Ismail said the implementation of the EMCO includes adhering to the standard operating procedure (SOP) with additional roadblocks on every exit-entry road apart from several main roads nearby being closed.

“The Ministry of Health (MOH) staff will conduct screen tests on 7,000 settlers in the affected areas.

“The mosque and worship houses located in the affected areas will be closed for any religious activities including Friday prayers. Only three people are allowed to perform the Friday prayers in the mosque,” Ismail said in a press conference held in Parliament here today.

On the development of home quarantine, Ismail said, as of August 2, the Royal Police Malaysia (RPM) had conducted 2,169 spot-checks where 51 individuals had been detained for failing to comply with the SOP.

“The government is very serious on cases not adhering to the home quarantine SOP as it had caused the transmission of COVID-19 amongst family members and also the community around.

“The MOH staff together with the Police will make spot checks to ensure those involved will adhere to the SOP set by the government,” said Ismail.

Ismail added, wearing of face mask is only compulsory in congested public places that include the public market, farmers’ market, night market, and supermarket.

“It is also compulsory for members of the public to wear a mask when taking public transports like buses, taxis, e-hailing vehicles or LRT and KTM.

“The tourists’ destinations and cinemas are also considered as congested public places,” he said.

Meanwhile, he said, the wearing of a mask is not compulsory in the house and in the private-owned car.

“The wearing of a mask is also not compulsory in physical activities and for children below two years and below,” said Ismail.

The government had made the ruling of wearing the mask as compulsory effective August 1 due to the increasing number of new COVID-19 cases recently._ Malaysia World News.


  • 33
    Shares

more recommended stories