500,000 waiting for police’s approval to go back to work place 7 May

  • 83
    Shares

Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob minister

PUTRAJAYA MAY 2: The Royal Police of Malaysia (RPM) is preparing the travel schedule for 500,000 applicants who are “stranded” in their home towns and other places to return to their work place starting from 7 till 10 May

Security Senior Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the approval of the travel however will be determined by Gerak Malaysia.

Ismail said, the government urges the employers not to take any action to the employees who have not received the approval from RPM and could not start work on time.

“For the civil servants, the Chief Secretary to the Government has agreed that they could return to work following the RPM’s travel schedule,” he said in a press conference here today.

Regarding the Malaysian Department of Immigration’s operation on illegal migrants at the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) areas at Plaza City, One; Malayan Mansion and around Masjid India, Ismail said 3,352 individuals had been checked and 586 were detained.

“Those detained were sent to the detention depot for further actions. The government has never neglect their welfares including giving food and health checks throughout the EMCO enforcement and at the detention depot,” said Sabri.

The Minister explained that the status of the illegal immigrants will remain whether they have been cleared from COVID-19 or otherwise. Those who were infected from the corona virus have been sent for treatment.

On a question of whether the name of offenders of MCO will be recorded, Ismail said, it will not be recorded as it is not a criminal offence under the Penal Code but under Act 342, Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988.

Ismail also said, even though businesses will resume and people start to work on Monday (May 4) but the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of MCO remains the same as in the earlier phases.

Ismail added, the business sectors that fail to follow the SOP that have been set by the Ministry of Health and other authorities  will be asked to stop operation immediately.

However he said, for the people the new norms like social distancing, optimum personal hygiene by washing the hands often putting on masks in public places and no gatherings will have to be followed or else stay at home is the safest place.

Malaysia’s situation is not the same as in Hokkaido, Japan said Ismail, as the the borders are still in strict control and the government monitors closely on the targeted localities and high risked groups in the red zones.

The Ministry of Health he added, has made preparation with good and enough facilities in case there is a sudden rise in the number of COVID-19 new cases,” Ismail said to a question of the government’s preparation after May 4 when the economic sectors resume business. –Malaysia World News


  • 83
    Shares

more recommended stories