Putrajaya, March 9 – Malaysia’s Cabinet Line-Up by PM Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin. There will be no Deputy Prime Minister appointed at this time. The Cabinet will have 4 senior ministers.
The four Senior Ministers are former PKR deputy president Datuk Seri Azmin Ali (International Trade and Industry), Umno vice president Datuk Seri Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (Security), Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) chief whip Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof (Works) and Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia supreme council member Dr Mohd Radzi Md Jidin (Education).
PM Full Speech:
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Warmth and Warmness.
Dear Malaysian brothers and sisters,
- Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A’lamin, Wa bihi Nasta’in. Salutations and Salutations to the Prophet Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah and of all ages.
- I express gratitude to Allah’s wishes.w. because over the past week I have had the opportunity to discuss with fellow leaders of the BERSATU, Barisan Nasional, Sarawak Party and PAS coalition to form a new cabinet. I would like to thank all the party leaders who have given their views and gave me the confidence to name the new Cabinet members that I will announce today.
NEW CABINET HANDS, FOLLOWING THE ASPIRATIONS OF THE PEOPLE
- As brothers and sisters know, today’s global economy is in a precarious state. Trade wars and political unrest involve the super powers that continue to color the global landscape. The world is also affected by the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak that is affecting our country.
- I am aware that in these uncertain circumstances, brothers and sisters are very much looking forward to the government helping to find a solution to any problems that may arise. Therefore, it is my responsibility as Prime Minister to
- forming a cabinet that can solve people’s problems and bring our country to greater glory.
- As such, I will create a cabinet that focuses on delivering a more focused and effective service, efficient, caring people, transparent and integrated with a more robust structure. My cabinet will be comprised of experienced political figures, technocrats and individuals with expertise in certain areas.
- To ensure that the cabinet to be formed is a cabinet of integrity, all the cabinet members I will announce will have passed the filter by the MACC and the PDRM.
- I will also make sure that my cabinet is a functional cabinet and can provide a more focused service. To that end, I will appoint four (4) Senior Ministers who will assist me in coordinating cabinet matters related to economics, security, infrastructure development and education and social.
- The appointment of these Senior Ministers will enable issues arising between ministries in the areas I mentioned earlier to be more efficiently and effectively coordinated. In short, I want to create a cabinet that can truly serve the people – a cabinet that delivers.
- Senior Ministers will assist me in carrying out my duties as Prime Minister including chairing a cabinet meeting during my absence in the country. With the existence of these Senior Ministers, there is currently no need for a Deputy Prime Minister to be appointed.
- In addition, to meet current needs, some ministries will be restructured.
- Among them is the Ministry of Education. The ministry in its current structure is burdened with a huge and challenging field of work as it covers education from pre-school to higher education. Therefore, I have decided to re-establish the Ministry of Higher Education (KPT) while maintaining and empowering the Ministry of Education.
- With this, the MOH will be able to focus on the higher education sector with the Ministry of Education focusing on pre-school, primary and secondary education.
- Malaysia is known around the world as a country with diverse peoples, cultures and religions. Intense unity between the various races is a determinant of the survival or survival of our country. Recognizing this fact, a special ministry called the Ministry of National Unity will be established.
- The aspect of environmental sustainability is also important in creating a more prosperous life for all of us, our children and future generations. Natural resources in our country must be well maintained. Therefore, a special ministry called the Ministry of Environment will be created.
- The Government is also serious in addressing issues of development and socio-economic development of the people of Sabah and Sarawak. My cabinet will keep the spirit.
The Malaysia Agreement 1963 or MA 63 will be translated into policies and programs that directly benefit the people of Sabah and Sarawak. As such, I will create a special portfolio of Sabah and Sarawak Affairs to be led by a Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department.