PKR president Anwar Ibrahim has denied sexual harassment allegations made against him by his former research officer Muhammad Yusoff Rawther.
He said, his private secretary Shukri Saad will lodge a police report over the matter.
The Prime Minister-in-waiting, who expects to take over from Dr. Mahathir Mohamad by 2020, added that this accusation is an attempt to tarnish his image ahead of the transition of power.
Muhammad Yusoff made the claim through a purported statutory declaration and at a press conference that was live on Facebook yesterday.
He claimed that he was a victim of molesting and a lustful proposal allegedly committed by Anwar on Oct 2 last year at Anwar’s residence in Segambut.
However, Anwar, today denied the accusation, saying it s a slander and that he was busy campaigning for the Port Dickson by-election on that day.
“I strongly deny the baseless slander.
“On that date, I was busy campaigning for the Dickson by-election.
“This is a plot to tarnish my image, in time of 14th Keadilan National Congress and power transition process,” he said in a statement this afternoon.