PH government will not eliminate or victimise Bumiputera contractors –  Anthony Loke

Transport Minister Loke Siew Fook  receives the courtesy call by H.E. Kim Hyun-mee, Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT) of Republic of Korea in Parliament, Kuala Lumpur. Pic from File March 12,2019 

KUALA LUMPUR: Member of Parliament for Pasir Salak, Datuk Seri Tajuddin Abdul Rahman wants to know how many Bumiputera contractors will be successful in the open tenders for building new railway stations in the three year plan as mentioned by Minister of Transport, Anthony Loke Siew Foon in Dewan Rakyat today.

Tajuddin  wants Loke to announce in the Dewan Rakyat the list of Bumiputera companies that will be successful in the contracts offered for building new railway stations initiated by Railway Assets Corporation (RAC) in the three year plan.

Relating to this, Tajuddin earlier asked Anthony of how many Bumiputera contractors were eliminated following the revisions made by Pakatan Harapan (PH) government on contracts already agreed by the then Barisan Nasional (BN) government.

Loke in his answer said, there is no question of Bumiputera contractors being eliminated as there are also non- Bumiputeras. The terms/value of contracts is re-negotiated and no company had been rejected or eliminated.  

‘’The PH government will not eliminate or victimise Bumiputera contractors and instead will accept all applications in the open tenders,” he said in the additional questions raised by Tajuddin in the Ministers Question Time in Dewan Rakyat today.

Earlier Loke was responding to Bukit Bendera MP, Wong Hon Wai who said during BN’s time many RAC’s projects were given to contractors through negotiated tender and not open tender.

Loke said, it is undeniable that few developmental projects were approved via limited tender or direct negotiation during BN’s time but after PH took over; contracts have been revised and renegotiated to get maximum returns.

“We want to ensure maximum returns to the government for the interests of the people,” he added.

Loke also said RAC has identified three lots of land namely in Klang Valley, Johore and Penang to be developed and it is now doing feasibility studies on the the property.

The Minister of Transport added, there are two pieces of land in Penang namely Bukit Mertajam (32 acres) and Nibong Tebal (4 acres) to be developed next year but tenders have not been opened yet.

In the open tender he said, RAC will release a notice for pre-qualification which is aimed at selecting competent companies for the proposed projects. –Malaysia World News           

 

more recommended stories

×

Like us on Facebook

Seo wordpress plugin by www.seowizard.org.