PUTRAJAY, Oct 30 — Malaysia strongly condemns the attack that took place in the French City of Nice yesterday which saw three people knifed to death and several others injured.
“We extend our condolences to the families of those killed, and wish those injured in the attack a speedy recovery,” said the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.
He also hopes the attacker will be swiftly brought to justice.
The attack yet again reminds the international community of the urgent need for a concerted effort to eliminate acts and threats of terrorism in a comprehensive and effective manner, he added.
“Evidently, this global menace recognizes no boundaries, nor religious and racial affiliation,” the Sembrong MP from Umno said.
Hishammuddin also urges all members of the international community to unite in addressing the root causes of terrorism and in promoting mutual respect, and harmonious and
peaceful co-existence, while opposing persecution, provocation, prejudices, as well as religious or racial hatred.
On another development, Former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak called on people to calm down.
The world “should calm down”, he said on a post on his Facebook today.
The killing of 3 French people at a church yesterday in Nice comes while France is still healing from the beheading earlier this month of French middle school teacher Samuel Paty by a man of Chechen origin.