PUTRAJAYA JULY 25: With effect from Monday (July 27) the Royal Malaysia Police will detain and charge 2,897 individuals that have not come forward to do the second screening test on the 13th day of the home quarantine.
Security and Senior Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob warned those involved to contact the nearest District Health Office to do the second screening test for COVID-19.
Ismail said, currently 9,600 individuals are undergoing the compulsory home quarantine.
“The police and officers from the Ministry of Health will make spot checks to ensure those involved are adhering to the standard operating procedure (SOP) set by the government,” said Ismail in a statement today.
Ismail added, the decision to reopen the quarantine station is after considering the rise in the import cases and the risk of the transmission of COVID-19 infections due to not adhering to the SOP.
The Senior Minister also mentioned that yesterday (July 24) 319 Malaysians had returned via the international borders and all of them were taken to four quarantine stations in Kuala Lumpur, Negeri Sembilan and Johor.
The statement added, they had returned from 12 countries including Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Brunei, Qatar, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, UAE, China and Australia.
Meanwhile, yesterday the police had detained 330 individuals for not complying with the Movement Control Order (MCO) that has entered the 130th day while the Recovery MCO on the 40th day.
From the total, 23 individuals were remanded while three others were on bail and 304 had been compounded.
According to the statement, all of them were involved in activities where social distancing was difficult to adhere. -Malaysia World News