158 detained for SOP non-compliances, EMCO on Maahad Tahfiz Sains, Tanah Merah until 2nd May 2021

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

sabri

KUALA LUMPUR APRE.18: In the Task Force Compliance Operation yesterday the police had detained 158 individuals for not complying with the standard operating procedure (SOP) of the Movement Control Order (MCO) set by the government.

Senior and Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, from those detained, 131 had been issued with compounds while 27 were remanded.

The Senior Minister said, among the non-compliance activities committed include no physical distancing (49), failing to record personal particulars/not registering when entering premises (31), not wearing mask (17), activities in the entertainment centres (7) and others (54).

Regarding the National Border Control, Ismail said 10 illegal immigrants (PATI) had been driven away via two expulsion activities while eight land vehicles had been seized.

“The defence authorities had also traced 97 boats/ships in the Malaysian waters via seven observatory activities,” said Ismail in a statement here today.

He added, the defence and security agencies had also carried out 270 roadblocks yesterday including Op PENAWAR (MAF, RPM and RELA) with 211 roadblocks, Op Benteng RPM (50) and Benteng AKSEM (9).

On another development, the Enhanced MCO (EMCO) had been imposed on Maahad Tahfiz Sains Tanah Merah Kelantan effective 19th April until 2nd May 2021following a surge in COVID-19 cases in the school.

Ismail said, Ministry of Health (MOH) had carried out 396 screening tests and out of which 42 positive COVID-19 cases were recorded.

“After a risk analysis was carried out with several agencies in the MCO Technical Committee and with the advice of MOH, the government agreed to impose EMCO on Maahad Tahfiz Sains, Tanah Merah for two weeks until 2nd May 2021,” said Ismail.

Meanwhile the EMCO imposed on Kampung Belaoh, Kampung PPRT Belaoh Baru, Kampung Keruak, Kampung Pak Sik, Felcra Keruak, Hulu Besut, Besut, Terengganu until 20th April as scheduled is extended for another one week effective April 21 until April 27, 2021.

Ismail added, MOH had carried out 2,038 screening tests and out of which 103 positive COVID-19 cases were recorded. It was also reported that the infection continues to spread among the people in the EMCO areas while 309 remaining screening samples are pending for the results.

“Following a risk analysis carried out with several agencies in the MCO Technical Committee and with the advice of MOH, the government had agreed to extend EMCO in these localities for a week until 27th April 2021,” said Ismail. –Malaysia World News

 

        

 


  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

more recommended stories