KUALA LUMPUR JUNE 7: The standard operating procedure (SOP) of the Movement Control Order (MCO) 3.0 was not adhered to by 1,214 individuals yesterday being the highest since the Order was imposed on 1st June 2021.
Senior and Minister of Defence, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, from those detained, 1,107 individuals were issued with compounds while 107 had been remanded.
Ismail said, among the non-compliance activities committed were, no physical distancing with 267 cases, not wearing mask (224), failing to record personal details/registration when entering premises (158), not adhering to the directives of the control movement (134), carrying more passengers (103), activities at the entertainment centres (21) and other offences (304).
On another development Ismail said, since 1st June 2021, 187 checks operation had been carried out with 43 compounds and 28 closure notices had been issued by the MITI Special Task COVID-19 Team. This is the result of the monitoring and enforcement of COVID-19 SOP at the factory premises nationwide.
On the other hand Ismail said, the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) had issued 41 compounds starting on 1st June 2021 on business premises that had failed to adhere to the SOP of MCO.
“Effective 1st June 2021, 2,262 KPDNHEP enforcement personnel had been mobilised to ensure the SOP had been adhered to by all the business premises including retailers, wholesalers, distributors and restaurants,” Ismail said in a statement here today.
Regarding the updates of MySejahtera Apps that had caused confusion recently and among others compound had been issued by the enforcement team on those who failed to update the Apps.
“Not updating MySejahtera apps is not an offence under the 342 Act of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases-COVID Malaysia and compound should not be issued by any enforcement unit,” Ismail added.
Relating to that issue, Ismail suggests that any compound issued on that offence should be cancelled. The enforcement officers are also proposed not to make any wrong interpretation relating to SOP that had been implemented by the government.
Ismail also mentioned about the offences not adhering to the SOP committed by the companies or factories operating more than the permitted time. If that happens, the enforcement actions should be on the employers or companies that had forced the workers to work over the time permitted.
“The offences are not committed by the workers as they have to follow the instruction from the employers and as such compound should be issued on the company, factory or employer who has given the instructions.
“The same applies to any company that continues to ask the workers to work at the work place or be at the office even though the directive is to work from home, and as such compound should be issued on the employer,” Ismail reiterated.
Meanwhile Enhanced MCO (EMCO) has been imposed on several localities in Sabah including five in Tawau, Taman Perdana, Lahad Datu, Kampung Narandang, Kudat and Sultan Azlan Shah Polytechnic, Mualim, Perak effective 9th until June 22, 2021 due to the spike in new COVID-19 cases .
According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), the COVID-19 cases had increased drastically in a short time at Sultan Azlan Shah Polytechnic where 37 positive cases were recorded from 173 screening tests with the positivity rate of 21.4 percent. –Malaysia World News